Winter is when our lips get dry and chapped. This DIY all organic lavender lip balm recipe is the perfect solution for those cracked lips.
Living in Switzerland, we are subject to extreme winters. With winter comes dry and chapped lips. We are actually tired of buying all those expensive organic chap sticks. Therefore, it was time to make my own. So I came up with an all natural organic lavender Lip Balm recipe. This chap stick will definitely save you money and its all natural. Scroll down for printable labels.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
All Natural Lip Balm
Our small family must have bought by now a few dozens of lip balms for the heavy winters we experience. So it was time to take the cost into account. We have always been buying only organic and all natural lip balms and that comes with a hefty price tag. In Switzerland we can easily shell out Fr. 6.- for a good quality chap stick. Rather than digging so deep into our pockets, I have started making my own body care products for some time now.
Furthermore, I have to keep looking for all the list of ingredients whenever I go shopping to switch brands. In one of my previous posts, I shared an All Natural Whipped body butter recipe, the ingredients are almost basically similar with the exception of beeswax. This simple DIY Lip Balm is made with all Organic ingredients.
Ingredients for Organic Lavender Lip Balm
For making this All Natural Organic Lavender Lip balm you will only need 4 ingredients. The measurement for this lip balm is equal parts of Cocoa butter, bees wax and coconut oil. For the smell we will be adding Lavender essential oils.
I could easily substitute the coconut oil to Jojoba oil which was in the original recipe. Because, my daughter didn’t like the smell of Jojoba oil so much, I switched the oils. By the way I got the recipe from a small little magazine for kids, which is given freely at the supermarkets and post offices here.
Other Items you will need
Measurement for your own DIY Lip Balm
Cocoa Butter – 2 tablespoons
Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
Bees wax pellets – 2 tablespoons
Lavender essential oils – 25 to 30 drops
Video Tutorial for DIY Lip Balm
- Place all ingredients in a small glass bowl. I use a chocolate melting pot. You can use a double boiler if you have one. For me personally this method works out well.
- Melt all the ingredients and stir often.
- Once all the fat has melted, add in the lavender essential oil.
- You can use the pipette to fill the empty lip balm tubes. Since my chocolate pot has a an easy pouring lip, I fill in directly into the empty tubes.
- Work swiftly to fill the empty tubes, because beeswax will thicken quickly making it difficult to pour.
- Let them harden and use. You can set it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Top Tips to make your Organic Lip Balm
- The most noteworthy point to note is the list of ingredients. These ingredients are just the same basic which you will use for other body care products. So a few ingredients goes a long way.
- If you want to avoid buying these empty plastic tubes, you can use some small metal tins which can be used over and over again. These metals tins are easily available online.