Ultra Fastgrind grinder vs Ultra Pride wet grinder review
In this blog post I will compare and review two of my Ultra Wet grinders. Ultra Fast grind versus Ultra Pride. Some weeks back I posted a review on the latest Ultra wet grinder called Fast grind Ultra Fastgrind wet grinder review. In a previous post, I also wrote about the benefits of wet grinding so I won’t be going into those details here.
My older model Ultra Pride was an excellent addition to my kitchen. We have used Ultra pride grinder for 18 years and it still works despite the wear and tear. Because, we encountered some small problems with it recently, I was on the look out for a new model. After much deliberation I chose the latest technology from Elgi Ultra called Fastgrind.
Reasons for choosing the Ultra Fastgrind wet grinder
It may sound silly but after looking hours online at the different wet grinders for months. I just had to make a decision as quickly as possible due to our short stay in India. Additionally, I also wanted to test the grinder at least once in case of any problems before leaving India. Therefore,I had to resort to buying Ultra Fastgrind blind without even looking at it in a show room. So, I went through the model specification details online in Elgi Ultra’s website before ordering. Luckily, there was a short demo video on Youtube to get a rough idea on how this wet grinder works. There were no neutral reviews yet for this particular model. In Hindsight, after weighing the pros and cons it was the best choice. The many extra features this model delivers is incomparable with the older models from Elgi Ultra.
Comparision of both the Ultra wet grinders & review
Ultra Pride Wet grinder details
Since, Elgi Ultra no longer manufactures Ultra Pride. I am including here a model similar to Ultra Pride Wet grinder for your comparision
You can buy this here ( Indian customers) Elgi Ultra Micro
Link for US customers with 110 v Elgi Ultra Micro wet grinder 110 V
The only small difference between the two is the dimension.
Dimensions of Ultra Pride is Width 40 x Depth 25 x Height 25 cms
Ultra Fast grind wet grinder details
Follow the link for detailed specifications of Ultra Fastgrind
Seems like at present, Ultra Fast grind wet grinder can only be bought with 230 V. Therefore, a big disappointment for US & Canadian buyers.
Both Ultra wet grinders in review
Because it would be very tedious to write all the different specifications here I am not doing it in this blog post. It would Easier for you to follow the links given and make the comparison yourself. Another way, would be to view my Ultra Wet grinders review on Youtube. I have posted the latest one comparing both the Wet grinders in my channel. Make sure to check it out.
I will list out the basic comparision here and I will only compare like with like features and not the additional features.
- Ultra Fast grind grinds the batters in 15 min or less even
- The batter scraper attachment is a plus as it constantly keeps scraping the batter while grinding
- Timer function is a great plus with a default timer of 14 min when you start the grinder. But some of the other Ultra models also have this feature.
- The batter from the new Fast grind wet grinder turned out fluffy and was ground in less than 15 min.
- Ultra Fastgrind is taller and needs more space vertically to sit on the Kitchen counter unlike the other models. The smaller and older models can be stored away inside a cabinet which is what I did with my Ultra Pride previously
- The batter tester spatula slot also doubles as an opening for feeding water. You don’t need to open the whole lid to do that.
- The wedge where the grinding drum sits can also be used for pouring the batter after its done. But this is not a very stable way to do it in my opinion.
- Only the grinding drum rotates in the other models while grinding. Where as both the grinding stone and the drum rotate simultaneously in Ultra fastgrind.
Finally, to conclude this review of both the Ultra Wet grinders. Would I still be convinced with the new model and technology and would I recommend it?
Well, personally I would go for it, if this is what you are looking for. Ultra Fastgrind is slightly costlier than the other models. A difference of Rs. 1000.- Its ideal for a family of 3 or 4.
If you have enough vertical space on the kitchen counter than its not a big problem to store it away. I just wish it looked sleeker like a food processor.
If you want a smaller model, there are many options. So its a matter of price and need.